North Brooklyn Therapy is a dynamic, warm practice in the heart of Brooklyn, serving all types of people with all kinds of needs. While our therapists are diverse and approaches are always custom-tailored for each client’s needs, every session is a nonjudgmental, caring, and safe space where real breakthroughs happen.
We’re known for our deep bench of talented therapists and our nonjudgmental, systems-based approach. Each of our therapists knows that there is more to every problem and person than meets the eye — we recognize that everyone is a product of their history, family, and circumstances.
North Brooklyn therapists range from master’s-level clinicians to cutting-edge therapy interns. In addition to educational accreditation, many of our therapists hold certifications with:
- The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors & Therapists (AASECT)
- The American Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Gottman Couples Therapy and Internal Family Systems Therapy
- The Strengthening Families Program
Therapy at North Brooklyn is for everyone, including:
- Mostly positive people who just need an impartial listener
- Individuals working through trauma
- Families seeking more harmony
- Children and teens dealing with the unique issues of growing up
- Couples looking for more intimacy or to overcome problems
Fees & Insurance
As with most marriage and family therapists in NYC, we are out-of-network insurance providers and do not participate directly in any insurance panels. Contact your insurance for information on out-of-network deductibles and requirements for reimbursement.
Our session fees vary depending on the professional you work with:
Licensed therapists: $200
Associate therapists: $130
Therapy interns: $80
All sessions are 45 minutes and by appointment only. We offer therapy at our Williamsburg and Greenpoint locations, as well as through HIPAA-compliant Zoom.
We maintain a 48-hour cancellation policy. Barring a real emergency, we require notice of 48 business hours on any cancellation; otherwise, you will be charged for your missed session.